Monday, June 13, 2011

Music Aside

As you may or may not have noticed, I have not done a thing musically for some time. My last album, "Mean Business" was released late last year, followed by the single, "Teach Me." Since then I have recorded one song which will be on my next album....whenever that may be.

There are a few reasons for this musical void. Some folks say that if something is bothering you, write it down. I've never been one to do this, preferring to vent it musically....until now.

The first and main reason has been numerous medication review re. my manic depression. I see my Psychiatrist and G.P. regularly. A medication review may or may not be put in place. Even though I see these people regularly, sometimes running for 2-3 weeks on an unsuccessful medication review feels like a lifetime.


When I'm running slightly 'high' my hands shake,, thus making it impossible to play the guitar. Believe me, I've tried. When I'm running slightly 'low' I simply can't be bothered. The only constant running through these mindsets is that I always have songs at the ready in my mind.

Another reason for my lack of drive on the music recording front at home is that I am finding, as my children get older, I am missing them more than ever when they're back at their Mums place. Many people have told me that it gets easier as time goes on. I disagree. They have reached the ages where our relationship is more cerebral. They constantly astound me as they mature but on more than a few occasions I have found myself shedding a tear in private as I recall the countless great times we had when they were younger.Combining the above reasons always leads me to something internet-based. I have recently, thanks to 'Paper.li' began publishing two online newspapers. They are heavily Twitter-based, thus I've been filling a LOT of my time there. Both newspapers are Tasmanian based. The first is Music In Tasmania focus ones Tasmanian musicians of all genres who otherwise wouldn't be gaining front-page news. The second is Tasmania Today focuses on Tasmanian news, politics, tourism, etc. Both newspapers are totally objective and are updated (at this stage) on a daily basis at 7pm AEST. Running billboards of both newspapers can be seen at the foot of this blog.

So....with the above information, I hope that I have put to rest any notions that I have pulled the pin on my music. Far from it.






No comments:

Post a Comment