Friday, December 23, 2011

Xmas Beckons

A stachue of santa clausImage via Wikipedia

I'll make this entry a brief one as I know you're no-doubt busy preparing for Xmas.

It's been somewhat of a frenzy since my last entry. Let me re-word that. There's been a frenzy surrounding me since my last entry, all in the name of Xmas. I managed to restrict my Xmas blitz to just under two hours. On the flip-side of this, my Mum has been running around shops for this, that and the other.

I had my plan pretty-well sorted until earlier this week. There was a massive grocery shopping trip on Tuesday. I was under the impression that the massive shopping trip the week earlier was the end of that side of things. Obviously I was wrong. I had to go with my Mum shopping due to an extremely bad back injury that she she suffered many years ago. I was given twenty minutes notice. Anyway, three hours later we arrived home with enough groceries to last until next Xmas.


There have also been several mini-trips for what I view as 'pointless' items. My children will be here but they are now at an age where they are well aware that the 'Santa gig' is fake. Spending ages on deciding what sort of wrapping paper would be best, what sort of nail polish would go best with the nail polish that I had bought for my daughter, what sort of deodorant would complement the deodorant that I had bought for my son. The list goes on.

Fortunately, things are turning out for the better. I've had a few days away helping a friend with an album and cooking anything to do with Xmas is not my realm. Enough said.

Now all I have to do is wait. I suspect that it will pan out pretty well. Aside from their 'big presents' my children will spend  quite a bit of time unwrapping their other presents before opening 'the big one.' After this I suspect my daughter will be glued to her nano-touch-iphone thingie while my son rides around Stanley on his new mountain bike. Pretty good, really.

How lucky am I?

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have supported me and made me laugh in 2011.






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment